One of the nice things about living overseas is the deep connection that happens with others. We are grateful for the friendships that we have with other fellow “expats” who understand a lot of the struggles and joys that we experience without explanation. We are also grateful for the friendships that we have with “nationals” who share with us the struggles and joys that we experience despite the need for lots of explanation.
Our children attend school with our colleagues’ children. We live next to those that we work with. The church we attend is in the neighborhood and so many of the same people are also part of our local church family. Spending so much time with the people means that we truly live in community. This can be a very good thing and during times of pandemic, it can be a bit of a liability.
One member of the community has tested positive for COVID-19. As a result, we are in a period of two weeks of lockdown and our two schools will be entirely online.
Please pray with us:
– For our community, that the spread of the virus will not go any farther
– For the person who is ill and recovering in isolation
– For our neighborhood, churches, and friends, that they will not be affected by this
– For good communication with health officials and doctors
– That we will make wise decisions
We are trusting the Lord, who is our protector and healer.