Bible translation in Cameroon enjoyed a big boost as we began this new year. SIL-Cameroon, the center where we work in Yaoundé, hosted the first ever National Symposium on Cameroonian Languages. Shannon was co-coordinating the logistics of this 2-day academic conference with the University of Yaoundé and is thrilled that it was a huge success. There were over 150 linguists from around the country who raved about how much they learned and were excited to go back to their respective institutions and communities with their insights. We made it look so easy that it was decided that they’d repeat it annually, rotating to the various major universities around the country.
Today marks 6 months since we arrived in Cameroon! We are amazed at all that we have been a part of in such a short time. And, we are so grateful for God’s faithfulness to us and to bringing His Word to the world. Thanks for partnering in the work of Bible translation!
We can thank God for:
- sustaining us through a year of huge transitions
- encouraging results from the first linguistics conference
- giving us interesting things to work on
- 6 months of living in Cameroon!!
We appreciate your prayers for:
- protection and health (for the whole family) as Shannon travels to a remote village for a language workshop
- encouragement in continued cultural adjustments
- deeper relationships